MovieLens Q&A Help
How do I ask a question?
- To ask a question, click on the "Ask a question" link at the top right of the screen on any page.
- If you're not logged in, you will be asked to log in or register with MovieLens Q&A.
- The "title" field will be used on the front page and in search results
to summarize your question.
- In the "details" box, please add any additional information that will help
people better understand what you're asking.
- To insert links to movies automatically, type the "#" character, followed by the
beginning of the movie title. A list of search results will appear just below
the text box.
How do I answer a question?
- Just below any question, there's a link with the text "answer this question". Click
this link to visit the page shown below:
- Alternatively, below any answer, you can click the link "reply with quote" to visit
the page shown below. By doing so, we will automatically insert that answer as a quote
into your response.
You can even click "reply with quote" for multiple answers to automatically
insert quotes from each of those answers.
- You can insert movie links into your answer just as we describe above: just
type a "#" followed by the first few characters of the movie title. Suggestions
will begin to appear just below the text box.
How do I rate answers?
- You can rate answers by using the cool rating utility you have in each answer. Press '+' if you like the
answer and '-' if you don't.